Sunday, June 3, 2012

Final Project

Well things are now starting to wrap up and my final project is almost done.  I did a lot of refactoring of  code over the weekend and I think I rewrote most of my classes from scratch 5 or 6 times.  I felt like this was a huge victory because at the moment my game is moving ships on both computers and only has a few bugs left to squash. 
My biggest issue was due to hardware I think.  I spent a couple hours rewriting code to figure out what was wrong when it occured to me that I had been working on a wired network and had to restart my main dev box.  I forgot that it it woudl connect to my wireless by default and then that stopped communication between my main machine and my client I was using to test.  I could kick myself for having wasted so much time figuring this out. 
I've had some Perforce issues, for some reason my client is not working with Perforce too well, so to hack this I'm sort basically opening the file on my client directly from my other computer and this seems to be working at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment